Friday, November 4, 2011

Kath & Kim

Look at Me: Scripts from Kath & Kim Series 1 by Gina Riley and Jane Turner.
That's Unusual: Scripts from Kath & Kim Series 2 by Gina Riley and Jane Turner.


Remember these guys.  It was 10 years ago that the TV series of Kath & Kim entered out lives… one day it may even leave our lives as well, but not before a feature length movie hits the big screen next year (…or is it going straight to plasma?).  In the meantime there are the DVDs, merchandise and of course these books to remind us. 

I haven’t written about Nostalgia for a while and I reckon a TV show that began 10 years ago does count as having Nostalgia value.  A lot of things have happened in the last 10 years… for one thing, I’m 10 years older and secondly, so are the Kath & Kim jokes.  I shouldn’t be too harsh on them.  I did think it was amusing at the time and in retrospect it does stand out as a landmark TV series… and these are books that I’m trying to sell.  Both books are comprised of dialogue/scripts from the TV shows which I guess is of interest as it was the dialogue and use/misuse of language that made these characters so funny. 

Kim: I want to be effluent, mum, effluent!
Kath: You are effluent, Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment