Thursday, February 11, 2016

Nigella Bites by Nigella Lawson.

Nigella Bites by Nigella Lawson. Hardcover book published by Chatto & Windus 2001, 244 pages with colour photographs and a few monotone photographs.


Packed with fresh ideas and exciting new twists on old favourites, Nigella Lawson brings you mouthwatering but simple recipes to add flavour to your busy life – from quick family meals and easy suppers to dinner party menus and roast lunches. With luscious photography, evocative food writing and a beautiful hardback design, this is a book you will treasure for many years as well as a delicious gift for friends and family.

About 3 years ago I wrote about “The Nigella”.  After that she had a bit of a run of bad luck/scandal, all of which was latched onto and poured over by the press and all of which had nothing to do with my blog post. I wont go into all the details (about Nigella... not my blog post) as we all know what the stories are, some of which are half baked and some over cooked, but over the last few years I have revisited my thoughts regarding my Nigellaphobia and if you've followed the Nigella scandals you may now also understand why my fear of Nigella was as strong as it was. Now that all of her eggs are out of the basket, I feel sorry for her. I saw a thing on the telly the other day about her not wanting to talk about any of this stuff, especially about her children. Good on her. Let's move on. I'm willing to move on.


Finally, her books sell... even pre loved volumes sell. I like that. I like it a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment