Monday, November 15, 2010

What ever happened to…

What ever happened to… Respected Citizens: The History of Armenians in Singapore and Malaysia.

I bet you’ve been wondering whatever happened to Huc & Gabet’s (that’s me), obscure history title about the Armenians in Singapore and Malaysia.  Well it sold… and believe it or not, it sold to a buyer in Malaysia, Penang to be exact.  After pondering who this book was written for, I couldn’t help but ask the buyer if they were of Armenian descent.  I don’t usually do this sort of thing as I like to keep transactions on a more professional and formal footing… but in this instance and after writing about this book here http://hucandgabetbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/respected-citizens-history-of-armenians.html, I couldn’t help myself.  The warm reply was “no Armenian ancestors” as far as they knew.  The buyer is a collector of books about Penang and Malaysia and a part time book seller as well.  So there you go, the book is going home and by the sounds of it, to a good home… but not an Armenian home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment