Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stuff on my cat: The Book

Stuff on my cat: The Book by Mario Sarza.


This book is one of the growing number of blogs that have had books published.  In this case the blog is humourous, light and fluffy… very fluffy.  Some of the blogs I occasionally peruse have gone down the same path… I can’t remember which ones but there are some… trust me on this one.  As a matter of fact I was looking at a book of very funny cake photographs the other day, which was from a blog about… cakes… and let me say that I haven’t laughed that much in a long long time… I guess you had to be there, it was very funny (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/). 

So this book is compiled by the person who brought you http://www.stuffonmycat.com/ .  Its basically a compilation of photographs from the website, one may even say it’s a best of.  So the question is: In this technologically overloaded and connected society, if there’s a website with these photographs, do we really need a book of them as well?  I have pondered this question many times over the years… not necessarily about this particular example, but rather in a more general manner… and I have come to the conclusion that yes we do need this sort of book as well as the website.  The (flimsy) reasoning for this has to do with the internet and our aged members of our communities, my mother being the best example I know of.  My mother is not computer literate and I'm tempted to say that she is proud of the fact.  No computer means no internet.  No internet means no stuffonmycat.  So if she wanted to look at pictures of stuff on cats… well she can’t, and this book fulfills this gap and massive hole in our culture and our society for those without the www, in particular for those who are not wasting time looking at stuff on cats.  So this book is published for the benefit of my mother… who I’m pretty certain would not like the book anyway.  So with my reasoning firmly in place, I am going to try and sell this book on line to people who are computer illiterate… ???  There is a logic there… I just can’t seem to find it.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to the sequel, CLEANING THE STUFF OFF MY CAT AFTERWARD.

    ReplyDelete