Saturday, August 9, 2014

Healthy Eyes Without Glasses and Health Without Drugs by R.A. Richardson.

Healthy Eyes Without Glasses and Health Without Drugs by R.A. Richardson. Hardcover book published by Myra Deane 1940, 237 pages with fold out chart and a loose smaller chart (practice chart), with a few black and white photographs.



I have sold a few improving your eyesight books over the years, but nothing as old and vintage as this one. It's hard to know how relevant is to today's spectacle wearing public, but I guess an eye is an eye and over the last 75 years we haven't evolved to the point where we see things all that differently to the way we did in 1940 ... although I think I see things differently to the way I once did.





I like this type of photograph particularly when viewed out of context and unlike some of the scarier medical textbooks that i've found recently, I just wish there were more in this book. You've go to wonder though whether looking into lights is really that good an idea, but I do think wearing a scarey mask whilst doing it can only add to the overall experience... and if that's all too much then follow this example and don't look at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment