Saturday, February 23, 2013

Military Sun Helmets of the World by Peter Suciu.

Military Sun Helmets of the World by Peter Suciu.  Hardcover book with pictorial boards (no dust jacket) published by Peter Suciu, Stuart Bates and Service Publications 2009, 90 pages with black and white and colour photographs and illustrations.


Speaking of interesting books… I was a bit shocked when I found this little number.  Who would have thought that there would be a whole book devoted to Military Sun Helmets and only Military Sun Helmets?  Not me.  I will confess to being more than overjoyed at finding this title.  This is another one of those books that one knows is just that little bit more special, or a little bit more 'of interest', than some others. Just look at these pictures:



(Yep, even the Nazis wore them.)
 
There are also heaps of photographs and illustrations of the helmets in situ, and all of the wonderful details are obviously written by a man with a passion… and if there’s one thing I like, it’s a book written by someone with a passion.  This passion has also spilled over to the interwebs and the world of the helmet is there on the www for all to appreciate, not just the lucky few who hold this wonderful book in their hands.  Some of you may think I’m a little slow to pick up on the whole helmet thing.  Yes, this is true.  I had no idea other than the idea that the subject is one that I can imagine people would be interested in… and they obviously are.  My gleanings from my brief search of the helmet world have also introduced me to the $$$ value of the helmet… something else to keep my eyes open for.

No comments:

Post a Comment